Developed with my good friend and former co-worker, Dan Murphy, VendorDB is the comprehensive database of vendors and service providers for the advertising industry. Access detailed vendor information, ratings and peer reviews. All for free.
The mission is simple – help producers, creatives and those involved in the creative production process research and find the best vendor for the job.
The site offers a number of great features that make the vendor hunt fast and easy:
- Comprehensive vendor directory containing broadcast, interactive, print, radio, experiential vendors and more
- Search by deliverable or keyword
- Browse by tags
- Read reviews from peers in the industry
If you’re curious about the tech behind it, here’s our stack:
- Amazon AWS (EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, CloudFront, Route53, SES)
- Nginx + uWSGI
- Python + Django
- elasticsearch + Haystack
- Node + Grunt & CoffeeScript
- Ruby + SASS
- We run a fully automated infrastructure using a combination of Chef and good old fashion Bash scripts.
- And some great tools from Atlassian including Jira, HipChat and Bitbucket.